Wisconsin Writers Association
Director of Operations
This position works closely with the WWA President, Executive Committee and Board Members
performing the functional, operational aspects of the organization. Specific duties follow:
The WWA Operations Director oversees the operational aspects of the organization related to
technology and the disbursement of membership communications and management. Also
included are duties in marketing and communications.
Approx: 6 – 8 hours week
- Help update and maintain website, including designing front page graphics.
- Update member profiles and interact with members as needed.
- Support member events:
- Create and manage website event registrations.
- Working with the Events Committee, create simple graphics and logos for event
- Working with the Events Committee, create event promo emailers to members
- Run events via Zoom (virtual conferences, open mics, craft talks, etc.)
- Help solicit sponsorships for annual conference, including creating and sending invoices.
- Take part in monthly WWA board meetings and provide brief operational updates.
Newsletters and Communications
- Write monthly News Brief and other member updates, including collecting information
- for News Brief from members. Manage email template and import copy. Send to member list
- Assist in managing annual Jade Ring writing contest and other contests as needed.
- Manage Duosuma submission platform.
- Respond to member emails
- Work with board members on various projects.
- Light social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Knowledge of using content management system (HTML not required, but an asset)
- Knowledge of online newsletter builders.
- Ability to use Google Docs
- Experience with Canva or other design software
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of online social media schedulers (WWA uses Loomly)
Interested applicants can send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.