Calling all writers! WWA is pleased to host our very first nature writing contest.
We're looking for stories--fiction and nonfiction--all about nature. Give us your best!
- All writers everywhere
- Only original submissions which have not been published in print, digital, or online (including blogs or social media) will be considered.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, applicants MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your submission if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Questions about eligibility, please contact email@example.com.
Entry Fee: $5
Prize: $50, publication in Creative Wisconsin Magazine, and a chance to read at WWA's July Open Mic (Only one prize will be awarded)
- The Nature Writing Contest accepts online submissions and payment only. Mailed submissions will be discarded without being read.
- All submissions are judged blind. Submitted material should not contain any identifying information. Submissions with identifying information will be discarded without being read.
- 2,000 word limit.
- All submissions must be formatted as double spaced, 12 PT font, 1 inch margins, paginated, and in a common serif font such as Times New Roman.
- Entries must be submitted as a Word document. PDF files and other file types such as Pages and Google Docs will not be accepted.
- Entries must be text only. Please do not insert clip art, drawings, icons or any graphics within the document.
- Title and Word Count must be placed at the top of the first page.
- Multiple submissions to the contest are allowed, each must be accompanied by a submission fee.
- Please name your files as follows: Title +Nature Contest (e.g.; TaleofTwoCities_NatureContest.doc) Please take care to ensure your file names are properly formatted.
* Entries that fail to follow guidelines will be disqualified.
*** IMPORTANT *** YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DUOTROUPE TO SUBMIT, BUT YOU MUST MAKE AN ACCOUNT.
- WWA reserves the right to publish winning entry in Creative Wisconsin Magazine.
- WWA reserves the right for administrators to copy edit winning entry prior to publication on its website, in the Creative Wisconsin Magazine.